Spiralized zucchini is a pasta lover’s low-carb, veggie-friendly dream. This recipe calls for bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and onion, but anything goes. The easy, homemade vinaigrette ties everything together.
- 3 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional add ins:
- Fresh Parmesan
In a large salad bowl combine zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions.
In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
Refrigerate for 20–30 minutes before serving.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 96; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 92mg; Carbohydrate: 6g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 2g
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)