This 450-calorie dinner is full of flavor (and 39g of protein!). Cooking Light’s Grilled Chicken with Tomato Avocado Salad uses homemade buttermilk dressing to balance the heat of the chicken. Chicken is a high-quality protein that is naturally low in sodium. Avocado delivers twice the amount of potassium than banana and is a good source of folic acid, vitamin E and B-vitamins.
Grilled Chicken with Tomato Avocado Salad
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher Salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 ears yellow corn, shucked
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 yellow tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 2 red tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sliced peeled ripe avocado (150 g)
Preheat grill to high heat.
Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Chill buttermilk mixture until ready to serve.
Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Combine oil, onion powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and chipotle; rub evenly over chicken.
Coat corn and onion with cooking spray. Arrange chicken, corn, and onion on grill rack; grill 8 minutes or until done, turning chicken and onion once and corn occasionally.
Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut corn kernels from cobs. Slice chicken.
Arrange 1 breast on each of 4 plates. Arrange 2 yellow and 2 red tomato slices on each plate. Top each serving with 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes. Divide corn, onion, and avocado evenly among plates. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over salads. Drizzle about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing over each salad.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 breast and 1/4 of salad recipe
Per serving: Calories: 446; Total Fat: 23g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 79mg; Sodium: 618mg; Total Carbohydrate: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 7g; Protein: 39g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 904mg; Vitamin A: 24%; Vitamin C: 57%; Calcium 6%; Iron: 18%
The post Grilled Chicken with Tomato Avocado Salad | Recipe appeared first on Under Armour.
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)