This is a great slow-cooker dish that comes together pretty easily. It’s super flavorful with healthy spices like ginger, turmeric and cumin. Feel free to substitute chicken breast instead of thighs.
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs
- 1 15-ounce can lite coconut milk
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Place chicken, coconut milk, diced tomatoes, ginger and spices in a slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Serve over brown rice.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Per serving: Calories: 321; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 95mg; Sodium: 133mg; Carbohydrate: 37g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 25g
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)