What better way to remind yourself that autumn is here than to have all the fall colors on your plate? The Roasted Root’s recipe for roasted fall vegetable salad features tender butternut squash, crunchy pecans, sweet beets and snappy pear slices. Drizzle in some of that maple orange dressing and dig into a fun seasonal salad. Not bad considering this high fiber recipe is also high in vitamin A and C.
For the Salad:
- 2 cups (473 ml) Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped in 1/2″ cubes (approx. 1 small Butternut Squash)
- 2 small Red Beet (approx. 2″ diameter), chopped into ½” cubes
- 1 medium Bosc Pear, sliced
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) Pecans
- 1/3 cup (78.8 ml) Golden Raisins
- 6 1/2 cups (1 1/2 l) of Spring Green Mix (approx. 10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon (4.9 ml) White Chia Seeds
For the Maple Orange Cinnamon Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon (4.9 ml) orange zest
- 1/3 cup (78.8 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon (.6 ml) salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel the butternut squash and either slice it into ½” slices or dice it into ½” cubes (or both). Lay the butternut squash on a baking sheet and drizzle enough olive oil over the pieces to coat them well. Sprinkle the butternut squash with salt.
Peel and chop the beets and lay the pieces on a large piece of foil. Fold the foil, completely covering the beets, creating a foil packet. Place this packet on the baking sheet next to the butternut squash.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast the vegetables for 50 minutes, or until the butternut squash is browned and crispy. Remove from the oven and allow the vegetables to cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
In a large serving bowl, add the remaining salad ingredients and the roasted vegetables. Toss in desired amount of Maple-Orange-Cinnamon Dressing and serve!
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1/6 of salad
Per serving: Calories: 230; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 127mg; Carbohydrate: 28g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 15g; Protein 3g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 636mg; Iron: 27%; Vitamin A: 223%; Vitamin C: 91%; Calcium: 14%
The post Roasted Fall Vegetable Salad with Maple Orange Cinnamon Dressing appeared first on Under Armour.
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)