You’ll save time cleaning by cooking this flavorful dish from Clean Eating in foil, making it an ideal dinner for hectic weeknights. The brown rice alone provides 88 percent of the recommended daily amount of manganese — good for blood sugar and metabolism regulation — not to mention 24 grams of satisfying protein in a single serving.
- 1/2-pound (226 g) tail-on raw shrimp, 26/30 count, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces (112 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 all-natural, low-sodium turkey sausage, sliced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and discarded, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 1/2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22.5 ml) salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup (239 ml) all-natural instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup (119.5 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients, mixing well until combined.
Prepare 2 foil pouches. Coat each piece of foil with cooking spray. Divide mixture evenly among both pieces of foil and seal.
Place pouches on a baking sheet and position on the middle oven rack, baking 25 minutes or until rice and proteins are fully cooked. (Note: When done, rice will be soft and proteins will be firm and opaque.) To test for doneness, carefully open one pouch and taste a few grains of rice from the center of the pouch. If necessary, close pouch and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
Carefully open pouch and pour mixture into a large serving bowl; enjoy immediately.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
Per serving: Calories: 255; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 141mg; Sodium: 484mg; Carbohydrate: 27g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 24g
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)