With chicken for your protein needs and Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes for your veggie fix, what’s not to love about this delicious, nutritious all-in-one bowl?
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, large sprouts halved or quartered
- 16 ounces sweet potatoes (about 1 large), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices (6 ounces) thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) Johnsonville® Flame Grilled Garlic & Herb Chicken Breast, cut into 1/4-inch chunks, juices reserved
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, optional
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts or Brazil nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces low-sodium blue cheese crumbles, optional
Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil and black pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a large, rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle bacon throughout. Roast 30–35 minutes, stirring in the cut chicken and reserved juices with 8–10 minutes remaining.
Optional step: While vegetables roast, add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until reduced by at least half, about 11–13 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Once chicken is warmed through, remove pan from the oven and transfer contents to a large serving bowl. Add balsamic glaze and chopped hazelnuts and gently toss to coat.
Divide into four individual serving bowls and top each with 1/2 ounce blue cheese crumbles, if desired. Serve warm.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
Per serving: Calories: 385; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 60mg; Sodium: 687mg; Carbohydrate: 41g; Dietary Fiber: 8g; Sugar: 12g; Protein: 26g
Written by Elle Penner, a nutrition and wellness writer, recipe developer, blogger and nutrition consultant whose favorite things include her camera, carbs and quality time with her toddler. For more from this busy mama, check out Elle’s lifestyle blog or connect with her on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
The post Balsamic Glazed Chicken & Roasted Veggie Bowl | Recipe appeared first on Under Armour.
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)