This smoothie bowl from Clean Eating can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes. Blend the banana base with avocado, spinach, almond milk and a touch of peppermint extract — for all the flavor of mint-chip ice cream in a frosty, nutrient-packed smoothie bowl.
Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl
- 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 1/3 avocado
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 –2 drops pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon chlorella, optional
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs or carob chips
- Toppings (optional):
- 2 teaspoons raw almond butter
- 1 additional teaspoon raw cacao nibs or carob chips
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients except cacao nibs; blend until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and fold in cacao nibs. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Serves: 1 | Serving Size: 1 bowl
Per serving: Calories: 366; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 99mg; Carbohydrate: 55g; Dietary Fiber: 17g; Sugar: 22g; Protein: 7g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 1400mg; Iron: 18%; Vitamin A: 113%; Vitamin C: 41%; Calcium: 40%
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)