Did you guys manage to catch our visit to Gail Simmons’ home earlier this week? If not, take a minute to peruse. (We’ll wait.)
What did you think? Nice, right? We were, of course, enamored with the beautiful space itself; but more than that, we were drawn in by the peaceful vibe. Natural blue, beige, and cream tones made up the main palette, and were complemented nicely with moments of fun texture (did you catch that 3D wall installation?) and real-life accents, like her daughter Dahlia’s artwork.
We know Gail and her husband Jeremy got some welcome help from an interior designer, but they also have a pretty clear sense of their own style, and a personal interest in home and design. Below, find the wide array of shops and artisans they turn to for trusted goods and inspiring finds, both here in New York and beyond.
- Michel Varian – New York
- Collyer’s Mansion – Brooklyn
- Mudd Australia – New York, Los Angeles, etc.
- Canvas Home – New York, London
- L’Aviva Home – Online or by appointment
- John Derian – New York
- Hawkins New York – New York (and in the Food52 Shop!)
- Canal Street Market – New York
- Alder & Co and Alder East – Portland, Oregon & Germantown, New York
- Garde – Los Angeles
- Lawson Fenning – Los Angeles
- Cisco Home – Los Angeles
- Nickey Kehoe – Los Angeles
- Lost & Found – Venice, California
- Palm Canyon Galleria (for vintage and mid-century) – Palm Springs, California
- March – San Francisco
- Heath Ceramics – San Francisco
- Spartan – Austin
- Keith Krieger Studio – Austin and select retailers
- Mjolk – Toronto
- Must – Montreal
- Style Labo – Monreal
- Casa Armida – San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Casamidy – San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Namhu – San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Permanent Press Editions – Online
- The Citizenry – Online
Where are your favorite places to shop (online and brick & mortar) for the special pieces in your home? Share them with us below.