In 20 minutes you can enjoy this hearty vegetarian dish from Cooking Light. It’s ideal for a festive brunch or easy dinner party. The mushroom sauce tempers the rich fontal cheese and melt-in-your-mouth polenta. If you can’t find fontal or fontina cheese, use provolone, gruyere or gouda instead.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (4-ounce) packages exotic mushroom blend, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup instant polenta (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontal or fontina cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add herbs and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in 1/3 cup broth, juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Bring milk and 1 1/2 cups broth to a boil. Stir in polenta; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in half of cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Divide polenta among 4 gratin dishes; top with remaining cheese. Broil 5 minutes. Top each serving with 1/2 cup mushrooms.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 gratin
Per serving: Calories: 374; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 43mg; Sodium: 518mg; Carbohydrate: 37g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 9g; Protein 17g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 695mg; Iron: 6%; Vitamin A: 24%; Vitamin C: 8%; Calcium: 37%
Find more low-calorie dinner meals like this from the new Cooking Light Diet, where you can lose weight without giving up the foods you love. Learn more at CookingLightDiet.com. Follow Cooking Light on Facebook for more daily recipe inspiration.
Follow Cooking Light on Facebook for daily recipe inspiration.
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)