Combine crunchy kale Caesar salad and cheesy pizza in this easy recipe from Love & Zest. Save time by using pre-made, whole-wheat pizza dough, then add your ingredients and pop it in the oven for less than 20 minutes. Quick tip: Any salad, even leftover salad, subs nicely here.
- 16 ounces (453 g) pre-made, whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil, plus additional for coating pan
- 2 teaspoons (5 ml) dried garlic
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) San Marzano tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces (227 g) fresh mozzarella pearls, or sliced
- 3 cups (709 ml) kale, sliced
- 3 cups (709 ml) romaine lettuce, sliced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces (55 g) parmesan cheese, shaved
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C); grease pizza pan or baking sheet with olive oil.
Flour a clean surface and, using a rolling pin, roll dough to form a large pizza pie, adding small amounts of flour as needed to prevent sticking.
Place dough on prepared baking sheet or pizza pan; spread olive oil and minced, dried garlic evenly on top of dough. Arrange tomatoes and mozzarella on pizza.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
Meanwhile, prepare kale Caesar salad by placing lettuce and kale in a large bowl.
In a food processor, add garlic cloves, mayo, Worcestershire, lemon juice and salt and pepper and process until creamy. Toss dressing with greens until well dressed.
When pizza has finished baking, place greens atop pizza and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese. Slice into 8 pieces and serve immediately.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1 pizza slice
Per serving: Calories (kcal): 298; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 24mg; Sodium: 514mg; Carbohydrate: 31g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 14g
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)