Spend less time in the kitchen with this slow-cooker dish from Skinnytaste. With complex Middle Eastern flavors, 46 grams of protein and less than 400 calories, this recipe is a good one to add to your roster.
- 2 pounds (approximately 8) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried prunes, halved
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or all-purpose, gluten-free flour)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Toppings (optional)
- Lemon wedges
In a 4–6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, onion, prunes, olives, garlic, flour, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
When ready to serve, add toppings as preferred.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 thighs with sauce and vegetables
Per serving: Calories: 399; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 216mg; Sodium: 466mg; Carbohydrate: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 10g; Protein: 46g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 811mg; Iron: 10%; Vitamin A: 218%; Vitamin C: 7%; Calcium: 4%
The post Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken & Olive Tagine | Recipe appeared first on Under Armour.
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)