Fresh spring rolls are deconstructed and reimagined as fresh summer bowls in this recipe from Clean Eating. Make an easy raspberry ginger sauce, then drizzle it over lean grilled chicken, glass noodles and crunchy veggies. Serve as a light lunch or dinner.
Unbundled Spring Rolls with Raspberry Ginger Sauce
- 5 ounces glass noodles (such as mung bean noodles) or brown rice vermicelli
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1–2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups carrots, grated or shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Raspberry Ginger Sauce
- 2 cups raspberries (can use frozen, defrosted)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup unpasteurized organic white miso
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1–2 teaspoons Sriracha, optional
Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
Heat grill pan to medium-high. Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, 4–6 minutes per side. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then cut into 1-inch slices.
Meanwhile, prepare raspberry ginger sauce: In a blender, purée all ingredients plus 1 tablespoon water to desired consistency.
Divide noodles, chicken, cucumbers, avocado, cabbage, carrots and cilantro among bowls. Drizzle with sauce.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Per serving: Calories: 428; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 14g; Cholesterol: 42mg; Sodium: 600mg; Carbohydrate: 44g; Dietary Fiber: 8g; Sugar: 12g; Protein: 19g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 416mg; Iron: 14%; Vitamin A: 154%; Vitamin C: 59%; Calcium: 8%
The post Unbundled Spring Rolls with Raspberry Ginger Sauce | Recipe appeared first on Under Armour.
(via MyFitnessPal Blog)